Tuesday, January 12, 2010

As seen by an ODFW coho surveyor

My brother, Josh, has been working for ODFW for the past few months.  I used to work for IDFG.  Few things make a person feel more alive, or do more for the soul, than chasing a career chasing fish.  I recommend everyone give it a go for a while.

. . . and my apologies to the guides, but that doesn't count.

Josh has been on the Oregon coast on the trail of coho for the past bit and recently sent these pictures my way.  Enjoy!













So, how many fish do you count in those pictures?

4 comments:

schnitzerPHOTO said...

I love it. Coastal OR is a special place, and Josh is damn lucky.
Also, I've been inspired to form the Red Canyon Militia.

Anonymous said...

Nice to have a bro send you a couple of fish pics so you don't forget what they look like! Of course, we obviously can't fault you for trying...but wow, that looked like cold fishing in your previous blog.
Love,
OR Mom

Anonymous said...

Austin, i think you hit the nail on the head. There is little more magnificent then seeing a river full of spawning fish. It fully encapsulates the struggle of life and death.

Working a career in which one can truly be happy with, and challenged by, is in my opinion one of the greatest accomplishments in life. And hey, if that profession just so happens to unravel some of the mystery behind when and where to fish… I do believe that is called a bonus!

Red Canyon Militia… I think some paraphernalia would be in order, perhaps a shirt, or a button!


Josh

Austin said...

Regarding the Red Canyon Militia, I'm thinking some logo'd rifle scope covers, embroidered suspenders, or a set of custom mud flaps are in order.