Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A picnic at the shack

The Wife and I are on assignment in Wisconsin this week, where all things revolve around cheese, cheese curds, traditional American macrobrew, the Packers . . . and Leopold's land ethic. 
Having never visited the shack and needing to catch up with our good friend Alanna, who happens to work for the Aldo Leopold Foundation, we worked our way over to Baraboo for a quick sit-down.
It's quite the place, and there's a ton of history.  Where else can you have a picnic where Leopold wrote A Sand County Almanac?  Where else can you sit in Leopold's chair, fer crying out loud?
Although, he made it look better:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice, glad to see you guys are taking in some Wisco history...

miss you - hope your having fun

meg

Sam said...

That is great. Leopold is my hero! What a wonderful place to visit for a picnic.

cheers
sam

Anonymous said...

Great to see you at the Shack. It is a wonderful place and helps bring the land ethic to life. I hope the goose music was playing...

--Oregon Dad

Jason said...

That is awesome. I'd like to take that in myself at some point.

PS - Give me a call about the chicken stuff.