Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Wife is coming around

The Wife has always tolerated my fly fishing and skiing addictions, but I never really believed she would fall victim to my same afflictions.  Then, over the past year, she's started to show many of the very same symptoms I've exhibited for most of my life. 

It all started a couple years ago when not long after moving to Alaska she couldn't stop rubbing in the fact that she got out on the water before me.  Things got even more serious this past summer when work kept her on the river and she started showing up on other's fishing blogs

Skiing has followed a similar trend, culminating with The Wife ditching me for a day on the slopes after a fresh eight-inch dump a couple months ago.  Things were getting dire.

Then her ailments went to new heights when, after making a low-ball offer on a drift boat on something of a whim, The Wife was legitimately disappointed we drove home without the boat.  If my concern for her well being wasn't so overshadowed by my own desires for a boat I'd have sought serious help for her.

And now, this happened:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that was a great post! Nelli is definitely coming into her own and giving you a run for your money. And with the new tool in your arsenal, this season is guaranteed to be lined up with even more "big trips."

Completely jealous,


Josh

schnitzerPHOTO said...

Like Josh, I am jealous. And stoked. I can't wait to pull the oars in that thing, and put both you and Nelli on fish.

The Wife said...

All a ploy to make my husband think that he still needs to let me outfish him:) I can't wait to spend lots of time on the river in our new boat...with friends, fam, the pooch and many fish!