Friday, June 6, 2008

At the Capital

Well, The Wife and I were in DC for the tail end of last week and the weekend. Despite some flight problems (Frontier seems to be going down the tubes) it was a great trip.

We met up with my good friend and old roommate from college, Jason. He joined us for part of the weekend--touring the museums. Not sure if W was home at the time, but I'd like to think he was and, if so, it was good to see him behind bars.

The natural history museum was sweet. Although, I always thought dinosaurs were bigger. Must have something to do with the fact that I was about three feet tall last time I was at the natural history museum.
The mammoth was just as big as I remembered.

We also stopped by the Supreme Court. Even though it was closed for the weekend, it was impressive. Too bad we didn't stay through Monday for oral argument.

We also some some protesters. These two were, I think, praying. The man on the ground didn't move too much while we were there. The Woman kept rocking to and fro. The red over her mouth is duct tape with "Life" written on it. Apparently these people didn't realize the court was stacked in their favor.

After all this seriousness, we headed over to what was The Wife's and Jason's favorite stop--the Botanic Garden. And yes it is Botanic, not botanical.

No comments: