Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Big Fishin'

With Josh's time in Wyoming winding down and no new snow within easy reach, we again turned our attention to the rivers. We got out for a few hours after work last Friday and found some great fish. There were huge rainbows and cuttbows on redds, with various fish eager to take a well-placed egg pattern. Since our camera was still MIA, we were left with Josh's camera-phone for the heavy lifting.

Here I am trying out my new hat. It's a thing of beauty (the hat, that is). The Wife scored it from some of the locals. Not only does it sport the old TU logo, but it's mesh, has a rope across the bill and has cruise-ship-captain style gold holly leaves on the bill. Amazing. I've been told I look like my dad must have in the 1970's...

Later on I grabbed a hold of this toad:While I caught nice fish, Josh got the big one of the day:The fishing was so good we came back the next day, and the day after that. We caught several great rainbow/cutthroat hybrids fishing riffles with small egg patterns. I'm not sure I have ever caught as many large fish outside of Alaska.

After our last day of fishing the weather turned and Lander received about 5 inches of snow. Josh's flight out of Riverton was canceled, forcing him to spend an extra night here before heading out today. Between the epic skiing conditions a couple weeks ago and the huge fish this past weekend, I suppose we got after it pretty good while Josh was here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hell yeah!

Anonymous said...

One word for this kind of fishing...SIDEWAYS!

~Josh