Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Some solid customer service

A few weeks ago I wrote about how my 6- and 8-weight reels were on the fritz and had been returned to Ross for warranty work.  In case you don't recall, I had fallen and broke the reel foot on my 6-weight Ross Vexsis, a brake that I can't entirely blame on the reel.  As for my 8-weight Ross Momentum LT, it was taking on water.  That is, anytime the reel was submerged the drag would fill with water and become unreliable.  This is totally unacceptable in my book.  What good is a reel that can't get wet?

Well, I'm happy to report that during my recent travels the reels arrived back home safe and sound.  
Ross replaced the entire reel frame on the 6-weight--instead of 2 screws holding the reel foot to the frame, the replacement frame and foot have 4.  Obviously, I played a role in breaking the reel by falling on it, but Ross must have recognized the reel's weakness since they slightly redesigned how the foot attaches to the frame.

Ross replaced the drag mechanism on the 8-weight, and the newly serviced reel feels much better.  Despite these recent problems, I have to say that Ross' customer service is great. 

Probably time to get back out on the water and test things out, just to make sure...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

customer service is always nice to see. Good luck when the inaugural trip takes place.


Josh

Anonymous said...

Sounds like I'll have to keep searching for those Christmas list items!

Love,
OR Mom