Thursday, July 7, 2011

A few highlights from the Fourth

We all caught fish, but we all had to work for it.  Just the river's way of keeping us honest, I suppose.
Karta, making the end of the swing a bit of a challenge.
Who says you can't send it with a thingamabobber and split shot?
The Wife, doing what she does.
Sam, getting it done.
Falkor, the luckdragon.
Week 35.
Oh, and Alaskans must be getting soft.  I expected severe crowds all weekend, but after rain Friday night and Saturday morning scared everyone off we had our pick from the entire campground.  Weak sauce.

9 comments:

schnitzerPHOTO said...

Love it. Let 'em be soft, just as long as you all keep after it. Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

:) sauce...love it!

meg

Austin said...

Schnitzer - We'll have to get you and Kel back up here soon--either that or Nelli and I need to plan a trip south, way south.

Meg - That was just for you.

Anonymous said...

I love the look of week 35!
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Yea, i would expect more out of people in AK. Glad to see you guys stuck it out and were rewarded with some very good looking weather. And the fish are always a sweet bonus.

Josh

The Wife said...

I feel lucky that week 35 (and now week 36) are treating me well enough that I can still get out and enjoy the great summer we are having! And thanks to both Karta and the Husband for helping me keeping an eye on my thing-a-ma-bobber:)

Sam said...

I guess I wasn't any good at helping you keep an eye on your thingamabobber, as I missed several solid strikes of my own. Though, I think as usual, Nelli - you still out fished the dudes.
It was a great weekend, thanks for letting me tag along. And, well, it convinced me that Liz and I need a boat too, so we can have a mini armada, just in case folks like Josh or Russ and Kelly come back up we have plenty of room for peeps, dogs, and kids!

Austin said...

Sam - Here's one option, if you're looking for a no-frills boat and trailer: http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/10_Transportation/56_Boats_Watercraft/165164_16_Aluminum_Drift_Boat.html.

e.m.b. said...

What a great cast of characters...I love your blog. :)